Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. All sales are issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Edinburgh International Book Festival. No order will be accepted until we have received payment of the whole of the price of the tickets that you order. By accepting your order we bring into existence a legally binding contract between ourselves and you.
2. Please check your ticket/s as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
3. A booking fee of £1 to cover postage and administration will be added to all bookings except tickets paid for and collected in person at the Box Office counter.
4. Concessions are available to young people under 16, full-time students, job seekers, senior citizens (over 60s), disabled people (plus one carer) and Young Scot cardholders. Only one discount available per ticket. Proof of entitlement will be required.
5. Edinburgh International Book Festival regrets that once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, rescheduled, or if details of the event are significantly changed after an order is placed. In the event of the cancellation/change of an event, the Management will only refund the face value of the ticket. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged performance. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or changed, Edinburgh International Book Festival will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation/change. Please note that Edinburgh International Book Festival cannot guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
6. The Management reserves the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the Edinburgh International Book Festival.
7. Edinburgh International Book Festival may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
8. Events start punctually. To avoid disruption to authors and other audience members, latecomers will not be admitted after the start of events and no refunds will be given.
9. Edinburgh International Book Festival cannot be held responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
10. Edinburgh International Book Festival reserves the right to cancel ticket bookings that it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
11. Tickets are sold subject to the Edinburgh International Book Festival's right to alter or vary the programme due to circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
12. If a ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than Edinburgh International Book Festival it may be voided and the holder may be refused entry to, required to exit from and/or banned/excluded from Edinburgh International Book Festival.
13. Payment by dishonoured cheque/s will render ticket invalid.
14. The Edinburgh International Book Festival operates a No Smoking policy in all venues.
15. All personal data is managed in accordance with appropriate UK and European data protection and freedom of information legislation. For information visit www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
16. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited.
17. Edinburgh International Book Festival cannot accept responsibility for any personal property.
18. Ticket holders consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded as members of the audience. The resulting film footage, images and recordings may be used to promote the Book Festival and its activities in print, in the media and on websites. Edinburgh International Book Festival will endeavour to inform patrons prior to the commencement of the event if filming is to take place.
19. If an event is rescheduled, ticket holders will be offered tickets to the rescheduled event, equivalent to the face value of the ticket
20. The ticket holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and regulations whilst attending the event. Breach of any of these conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall enable Edinburgh International Book Festival to eject the ticket holder from the theatre and the site.
21. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Edinburgh International Book Festival reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
22. Children/school parties/those in need of special care are the responsibility of their parents/guardians/teachers/carers who must ensure appropriate behaviour is followed in the theatres. Failure may result in the ticket holder being refused entry to, or required to leave the theatre and/or the site.
23. Edinburgh International Book Festival reserves the right to alter, suspend or remove concessions, discounts and availability without prior notice. This does not affect your statutory rights.
24. All advertised discounts are subject to availability and offered at Edinburgh International Book Festival's discretion. Promotions are subject to availability and may be subject to pre-set eligibility criteria (as defined at point of promotion). Only one discount per ticket.
25. Any liability that Edinburgh International Book Festival and its officers, directors, agents and employees may have to ticket holders under any circumstances will be limited to the greater of (a) the total amount expended by the individual ticket holder with Edinburgh International Book Festival during the transaction giving rise to the claim; or (b) £100.
26. Ticket holders acknowledge that they are responsible for the payment of Ticket/s and/or any loss or damage they may cause at Edinburgh International Book Festival and/or third parties it may act on behalf of.
27. To the fullest extent permissible in law, Edinburgh International Book Festival shall be entitled to assign any of its rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
28. None of the terms of this Agreement may be relied upon or enforced under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party that is not a party to this Agreement.
29. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision/s and remainder of the Agreement valid or enforceable.
30. Edinburgh International Book Festival reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions without prior notification.
For more information please contact:
Edinburgh International Book Festival
5a Charlotte Square Edinburgh
tel: 0131 718 5666
fax: 0131 226 5335