Jobs at the Book Festival
Children's Bookshop Supervisor 2017
Fixed-term contract: 7 - 30 August 2017
Rate of pay: £10.08 per hour
The Children’s Bookshop Supervisor will manage operations and oversee Booksellers of the Baillie Gifford Children’s Bookshop. They will report directly to the Head of Booksales and Retail.
Closing date: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so it is best to apply as soon as possible.
Information about temporary Festival staff recruitment
Contribute to the success of the largest, most dynamic book festival in the world.
We employ over one hundred dedicated and enthusiastic temporary staff each year including short-term staff during August and longer term staff from April/May to September. We expect hard work, commitment, an interest in the arts and a positive, enthusiastic attitude. In return you get a fantastic learning experience that is loads of fun and the opportunity to make valuable contacts. Additional perks include discounted books and access to some of the world's greatest author events. Because of the huge number of applications we receive, and the relative shortness of the contracts, relevant experience is a must.
Applications for some temporary positions will open on Monday 3 April 2017 and more positions will be added in the following weeks, so please do check this page weekly for updates.
Please be aware that:
- We are unable to contribute to accommodation, living and travel expenses.
- We do not appoint without interview.
- All candidates will be asked to show evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
- We do not accept speculative applications for positions which are not listed on this page.
- We do not offer work experience, internships or volunteering opportunities.