Jobs at the Book Festival
The Edinburgh International Book Festival is an equal opportunities employer, a Real Living Wage employer, and a Disability Confident Committed empoyer. Our work is framed by a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Book Festival is a working environment where everyone is treated fairly, and our differences are celebrated as strengths. We encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply for available positions. If you have any specific access requirements, please let us know and we will do our best to meet your needs.
When a position becomes available we'll post the details here. We also publicise vacancies through our social media channels, Facebook and Twitter, so do keep an eye on those too.
Information about temporary Festival staff recruitment
We employ many dedicated and enthusiastic temporary staff each year including short-term staff during August and longer term staff from April/May to September. We expect hard work, commitment, an interest in the arts and a positive, enthusiastic attitude. In return you get a fantastic learning experience that is loads of fun and the opportunity to make valuable contacts. Additional perks include discounted books and access to some of the world's greatest author events. Because of the huge number of applications we receive, and the relative shortness of the contracts, relevant experience is a must.
Please be aware that:
- We are unable to contribute to accommodation, living and travel expenses.
- We do not appoint without interview.
- All candidates will be asked to show evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
- We do not accept speculative applications for positions which are not listed on this page.
- We do not offer work experience, unpaid internships, or volunteering opportunities.