Jobs at the Book Festival
Booksales and Retail Manager
Full time, six month contract: 17 April - 17 October 2017
Rate of pay: £22,000 per annum pro rata
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and creative Booksales and Retail Manager to join our Festival bookshop team. The Book Festival is proud to run our own independent bookshops and during the Festival the Booksales and Retail Manager will focus on managing our three shops and signings, providing support and leadership to the temporary booksellers. They will work with the Head of Booksales and Retail to select and order stock for the Festival, and plan and organise the booksales operation.
Closing date: Wednesday 8 March 2017, 5pm
Interviews: Wednesday 15 March 2016
Information about temporary Festival staff recruitment
Contribute to the success of the largest, most dynamic book festival in the world.
We employ over one hundred dedicated and enthusiastic temporary staff each year including short-term staff during August and longer term staff from April/May to September. We expect hard work, commitment, an interest in the arts and a positive, enthusiastic attitude. In return you get a fantastic learning experience that is loads of fun and the opportunity to make valuable contacts. Additional perks include discounted books and access to some of the world's greatest author events. Because of the huge number of applications we receive, and the relative shortness of the contracts, relevant experience is a must.
Please be aware that:
- We are unable to contribute to accommodation, living and travel expenses.
- We do not appoint without interview.
- All candidates will be asked to show evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
- We do not accept speculative applications for positions which are not listed on this page.
- We do not offer work experience, internships or volunteering opportunities.