Jobs at the Book Festival
Box Office Assistant
Fixed term, full time contract: 8 August - 27 August 2018
Rate of pay: £8.75 per hour, paid weekly in arrears by bank transfer (plus holiday pay).
An opportunity has become available to join the Book Festival's Box Office team during the 2018 Festival. Excellent customer service and communication skills, a willingness to learn and adapt quickly and an ability to work effectively as part of a small team are all essential for this role. The role provides an ideal opportunity for individuals who wish to build on their existing customer service and box office skills in a high-pressure festival environment.
Closing date: Wednesday 25 July, 12 noon
Information about temporary Festival staff recruitment
We employ over one hundred dedicated and enthusiastic temporary staff each year including short-term staff during August and longer term staff from April/May to September. We expect hard work, commitment, an interest in the arts and a positive, enthusiastic attitude. In return you get a fantastic learning experience that is loads of fun and the opportunity to make valuable contacts. Additional perks include discounted books and access to some of the world's greatest author events. Because of the huge number of applications we receive, and the relative shortness of the contracts, relevant experience is a must.
Please be aware that:
- We are unable to contribute to accommodation, living and travel expenses.
- We do not appoint without interview.
- All candidates will be asked to show evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
- We do not accept speculative applications for positions which are not listed on this page.
- We do not offer work experience, internships or volunteering opportunities.