Jobs at the Book Festival
Permanent. Full Time.
The Edinburgh International Book Festival is seeking an exceptional Administrator to work within the Operations Team and support the whole organisation. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled and motivated individual who thrives in a busy environment and has excellent communication and IT skills.
To apply, please follow the link below to the online application system. Please include a cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role in relation to the person specification. Please note: we do not accept applications by email or post.
Closing date: Wednesday 31 August, 1pm.
Interview dates: Interviews will be held on Monday 12 September.
Information about temporary Festival staff recruitment
Contribute to the success of the largest, most dynamic book festival in the world.
We employ over one hundred dedicated and enthusiastic temporary staff each year including short-term staff during August and longer term staff from April/May to September. We expect hard work, commitment, an interest in the arts and a positive, enthusiastic attitude. In return you get a fantastic learning experience that is loads of fun and the opportunity to make valuable contacts. Additional perks include discounted books and access to some of the world's greatest author events. Because of the huge number of applications we receive, and the relative shortness of the contracts, relevant experience is a must.
Please be aware that:
- We are unable to contribute to accommodation, living and travel expenses.
- We do not appoint without interview.
- All candidates will be asked to show evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
- We do not accept speculative applications for positions which are not listed on this page.
- We do not offer work experience, internships or volunteering opportunities.