The following facilities are available at the Book Festival for visitors with access requirements:
- The Book Festival Village and the venues within it are fully wheelchair accessible and free wheelchair hire is available. Please pull in outside the Entrance Tent on Charlotte Street to drop off wheelchair users.
- A selection of British Sign Language interpreted and captioned events.
- Infrared systems in all theatres, except the Baillie Gifford Story Box and the Baillie Gifford Imagination Lab, to assist people with auditory impairments. Please collect a set of earphones from the Information Desk in the Entrance Tent prior to your event.
- A fully accessible Changing Places toilet onsite, complete with a hoist and changing table.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
Artlink's Access Service offers support to disabled visitors to Edinburgh to attend Book Festival events with a volunteer escort. For further information please contact Artlink on 0131 229 3555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Typetalk 18001 0131 229 3555.
Our brochure of events is available in large print, braille and audio CD
Please contact us to request a copy on 0131 718 5666 or email@example.com.
Disabled parking spaces
Blue badge holders can park in any pay and display bay around the Book Festival site. There is level access across the pedestrian crossing between the end of George Street and entrance to Charlotte Square Gardens, and a shallow ramp up into the Entrance Tent. There is level access across the whole of the Book Festival site.
Help with access
Please contact the Box Office if you have any specific access needs for your visit to the Book Festival and we will do our best to help: 0345 373 5888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.