Friends of the Book Festival
Becoming a Friend of the Edinburgh International Book Festival is a great way to enjoy a closer relationship to the world’s largest celebration of the written word, whilst receiving exclusive benefits including access to advance booking.
Why not consider giving a Friends membership as a gift? A perfect present for those who love books and the Book Festival.
Friends Membership Benefits
- Membership card
- Advance mailing of the Festival brochure
- Book Festival newsletter
- Invitations to events for Friends of the Festival
- Discounts and offers by email
- Advance booking: Friends can book tickets for up to 10 events (2 tickets for adult events, 4 tickets for children’s events) during the advance booking period*
Please note that in any given year Book Festival Memberships are not available to purchase between 1 June and 1 October.
A Friends membership lasts for one year from the date of purchase. You will be sent a reminder to renew your annual membership over a month before it is due to expire.
If you would like to give a gift of membership, or pay by cheque or Direct Debit, you can also:
- Download and post the Friends of the Book Festival Membership Form
- Call Gerard Mehigan, Development Officer, on 0131 718 5653.
*Please note: It is our policy to ensure that a proportion of tickets remain available for members of the general public when public booking opens. The number of tickets available to Friends during the advance booking period is therefore limited and all tickets are subject to availability.
If you would like to support our educational outreach work and help us improve the facilities in Charlotte Square Gardens, where the Book Festival takes place every year, please consider becoming a Patron.
For more information about how to become a Patron, please visit: https://www.edbookfest.co.uk/support-us/become-a-patron